Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Good News!



For all my loyal readers... well, for BOTH my loyal readers... oh, who am I kidding... for my own gratification.... I am happy to announce that I was finally able to recover the original rikki.doc file from my ancient IBM Thinkpad 500. After I viewed it (and it had a LOT more data than I remembered) I was able to copy it as a txt file on a 3.5 inch diskette.

And after I did that, I realized that I probably have the file saved already on one of the larger ZIP disks (which I can get to from either of my commputers, once I hook the Zip drive up to my downstairs desktop.)

The files may be publishable as is, or I may use them as a first daft, a blue print or whatever. I'll know more once I've had a chance to read through them.

Before publishing (however I go about doing that) I would like to finalize some illustrations - or at least a style to use in the illustrations. I should probably make a list of locations and characters as I am reading through the rikki document.

Speaking of that...

I found two lower jaw bones on a game trail yesterday, and later, while researching (to positively identify them - they were, in fact, from a bobcat, as I had suspected) I came upon a site that sells all sorts of animal skulls. The one in this illustration is a large dog of some sort. I thing it would make a good starting point for a goblin or orc or something of that nature, as would any number of other critters.

No comments: