Monday, November 19, 2007

Author's Preface

This blog is an experiment. My intent is to compose and refine a children's story, based on characters I made up, spontaneously, as bed time stories for my (then) ten year old son.

As is probably obvious from the title, I originally created Rikki as a Leprechaun in Ireland, picturing the period as the 1930's. As it progressed, I kept the location, but the time went back to before WWI and Rikki became the descendant of space travelers who were marooned on earth hundreds - if not thousands - of years ago.

Each night, I would spin a story, then go into my den and type it into the computer, expanding on it. Both the telling and the creating became easier over time and I was getting quite excited about it. I began to really believe I could be a working writer.

That is enough to know for now.

W.

No comments: