Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Concept Art 1


This is a quick concept drawing. I See Rikki as being small enough to stand in a man's shirt pocket and see out the top.


His proportions should be those of a pre-adolescent child (big head, ears and eyes - small neck) but not in all respects. A small child should be able to relate to him. He should look safe, intelligent and likable.


His eyes and ears should be especially large to make up for the low light in the underground world he normally inhabits.


I think the chin and mouth should be small. The Goblins and Orcs can have big jaws and big mouths and lots of pointy teeth.


I don't have a strong sense of the clothes yet. Kind of high tech futuristic meets DBU's? He needs lots of pockets.


He might also have some cool hi-tech gadgets that he wears on his wrists, etc.


When I first wrote this, there were no cell phones. I don't know if including some sort of communication device like that would make the story better - or ruin the effect, which is usually of Rikki being alone in scary circumstances and having to survive on his own wits.

No comments: